Linggo, Disyembre 6, 2015

Chasing Waterfalls Series : Mighty Casaroro


Casaroro Falls is located in the municipality of Valencia. Dubbed as Negros Oriental's 
most photographed waterfalls - it is lodged deep into the rock crevices of the rugged 
Valencia mountains - a jumpoff for Mt. Talinis. And with an astounding height of 100 feet, the water plunges into a deep cold basin before it flows down to a stream. Getting this info, Of course, with a description like that, it left me wanting to see it upclose and personal. 

On my last day at Negros Oriental, I was heading out to Valencia from Dumageute to finally spot the pride of this quiet town, I was running a couple hours late of my itinerary and dont know where to start - good thing the PEOPLE of Dumaguete is kind enough to guide me and provided all the details. From Dumaguete's port i directly went to the jeepney terminal bound to Valencia. 

After about 30 minutes i arrived at Valencia, the town is small, quiet, located in the 
mountains - this is also a starting point for treks up Mt. Talinis, and there are just too 
many Lanzaones trees grown in Valencia - and Almost every home in Valencia, has Lanzones in their backyards - luckily the last quarter of every year is usually the season for Lanzones in this town (according to my guide), and i think It would not be long when Valencia will be known as the land of Lanzones, to rival Camiguin - not just the variety but the taste.

From Valencia, the easiest way to get to casaroro is to hire a habal-habal. Please be reminded that the road to the falls is uphill, and some portions of the road is unpaved 
and rough and there are times that you have to go down and walk. And though its a nerve wrecking ride, that's all part of the experience. Honestly i'm accustomed to such rides. 

Arriving at the entrance, one needs to register first, but when we got to the entrance, there was nobody there. My guide told me to just start with the descend and just pay later. The first part is an easy walk going down, the trail is surrounded by lush greenery, with concrete stairway and handrail designed to be grasped by the hand so as to provide stability and support. Kuya Erning (my guide) told me that it is 350 plus of steps going down. What?? Seriously? I hate concrete stairs. Stairs do not mean a walk in the park, and the slope along which the stairs were built were so steep that my knees were shaking before i was even halfway down. I also hate the idea that i have to do the same trail going back. But im conditioning my mind already and preparing my legs later. 

After completing the stairs you can see the natural rock formations and can hear the strong sound of the falling water, then it’s a leisurely walk along a established trail, but this is not for too long. Casaroro Falls was one of those areas that got damaged when Typhoon Sendong hit the province - So, the trail all the way to the falls , the hanging bridge , all of these were damage. That means I need to climb over rocks and boulders, then cross the streams several times before i reach the falls.











Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...