Sabado, Setyembre 28, 2013

Chasing Waterfalls Series : Enchanting Buntot Palos


Like many mountaineers, when I was starting, Buntot Palos Falls was on my MUST DO list. Wayback 2004 i joined a group of mountaineers taking BMC at the "hidden Falls", local people call it “The Hidden Falls" and after 9 years im taking a second look of what this hidden treasure offers.And i must say 2nd time is sweeter. I've been here in Pangil and Pakil several times now and have been collecting a bit of information and photos of some of the best and grandest churches not only in laguna but in the Philippines. I'm staying up the top end of the path, so I'm just writing about this hidden falls and what it offers. Also, the locals are really friendly and laid-back - very warm, and not tourist-jaded.

About a month ago I receive some invites post on FB on where the poster described Buntot Palos as a kind of backpacker haven. So, yes, it does feel like a bit of a backpacker haven in that way (reminded me a little of Famy ). But, the setting is just so beautiful, with the forested area and the falls, that the similarity to Famy ends pretty quickly. Especially up the top,near the falls .. it is so peaceful there - the noise from the falls is like music to my ears, the towering cascade of the waterfalls that i admire once is more beautiful to my eyes the first time i been here. At the catchbasin below the falls the freezing water is inviting so i and jackie quickly took a dip at the flowing water, and all I hear is the falls and the sounds of the water - it's just gorgeous.





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...