Martes, Disyembre 31, 2013

My 2013 Journey


The First thing I thought as I begin composing this article is, that I have not written my 2012 year in review. I should do it sometime within next year, that year had a load of emotional/physical struggles that is not worthy writing for me.

Annus mirabilis is a Latin phrase that means “year of miracles.” If ever there was an annus mirabilis for me and my travels, it should have been 2013. I should say miracles really do happen.

2013 was a big year of travel and climbing for me. This past year,2013, I became more aware of my life's journey. 

My year started out slow with some health conditions that i should always put first if ever i will travel or climb. I then took a much needed break and forced myself to relax my feet at home for 2 months, then after making sure that I'm fit to travel, right away i pack my bags and begin my journey.

Here’s what happen in 2013, each one characterized by a highlight of the tour.


***Cordillera Region tour

I meet and eat with the locals from banaue batad, mayoyao , hapao, and hungduan. I explore the natural environment including a visit to the rice terraces clusters which is a UNESCO World heritage site and waterfalls.I witnessed one of the most dramatic looking sunsets in Batad and challenge myself for a great hike after my near death experience just 2 months ago. When I'm not exploring the villages i just stay at an old ifugao house drinking a cup of coffee. I don’t want to give too much away, i'll just say i’ll be back again exploring the mountains,soon.

***Tarlac and Pangasinan adventure

Nothing in Tarlac and Pangasinan impressed me enough till I reached Patar in Bolinao. I experience the province's diversity, lifestyle and warm hospitality. I get the opportunity of visiting old churches, waterfalls and enjoys their delicacy.I laso get the change to do a solo climb up Mangatarem's untouched mountains.

***Exploring tinipak river and daraitan caves

It wasn’t a hike, but the highlight of the day was seeing the raging river ,and defeat my fear with caves. 

***Revisited Ilocos Region

Finally Im back aftr 4 yrs.. I missd ds place so much.. I miss d coffee facing d whtesand in pagudpud. Time flies rily fast, alot of changes hapen n d place but d memories is still intact,can still rmembr my 1st visit in ilocos waybak 2001..then my nxt visit in 2003,2005,2007 an lastly in 2009 b4 my weddng. D experiens of vigan,ilocos, d sinking tower,old churches,d lighthaus,viaduct,falls an my 1st tym adventure to tugegarao.. Hay i miss ds place..

***Fallsineering Adventures

it has been 10 years after my first visit to mt famy, now commonly known as mt romelo.THis is my 2nd mountain after mountaineering was intoduced to me.Thanks so much master jc batayola for this opportunity and to my best climbing/adventure buddy jackie mildew.. it is really great... chasing waterfalls at Daranak, Batlag, Maybunga, Matabungka and Buntot Palos

***Visita Iglesias 

Got to visit several old churches in Rizal,laguna and Quezon.

***My Pinatubo revenge,Mt Maranat and the hidden Falls,Mt Pico de Loro, Mt Humarap , Mt Romelo, San Jose Circuit, Mt Balingkilat and my yearend climb to Batulao.

***beachineering 2013

Cagbalete, san felipe, Borawan, Patar and Pagudpud. Nothing compares to the views of the sunset and sunrise at beach front.

In 2013…

... I climb 13 mountains and 8 waterfalls
... I visited 1 century old lighthouse
... I gain more friends

Somehow 2013 did not disappoint me. I learned so many lessons, not just about me , but with other people and the surroundings. I'm proud to say I have grown as a person. 

For now, I’d like to thank each single person who been a part of my Journey. Especially to jackie and kennet who been very good to me. To sir Jojo and rochelle. Thank you guys for being my climbing/adventure/travel/kumare/kumpare buddy. I really appreciate all your support throughout 2013 and I hope to see you and travel/climb again next year. 

Like I said before , 2013 was an amazing year for my  travel and climb, and there is still so much more that I want to do and share with all of you.
I dont want to plan because it may not push through. Like i always said " i living each day as if its my last day". Living your life means you are going where no one has gone before. Make your life a wonderful journey.

Enjoy travelling!!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...