Huwebes, Pebrero 20, 2014

Throwback Post : Climbing Pico de loro


This is part of my ongoing attempt to corral all of my travel/climb photos on this blog, I give you...Pico de Loro

The best climbing experience happen when you see the beauty in a challenge. Whether its conquering Pulag, trekking Mt. Pinatubo in Zambales or doing a fun climb in Batulao, your memories of a climb become more intense and unforgettable when you know you faced the risk head on and completed the climb successfully.

Similar to many February mornings, I was awaken by a text message, Jackie and Kenneth is confirming if our first ever climb for 2013 will push through. Well, what would have been next if I changed my mind and cancel the trek.

"R u Sure?" Kenneth had muttered, remember i was just out of the hospital a month ago and they worry about my condition if i can make it. Well, I have make sure I'm good and prepared for this.

To get to Pico you can ride a bus from Baclaran going to Naic , and from Naic you need to take a tricycle going to DENR office via the not so famous magnetic hill. It was a good one and a half hour ride from Baclaran, the morning air chilling the sweat on our backs, on the bus we meet a new friend Sir Jojo who is climbing alone after a long time. Other than me, Jackie and sir Jojo, it is their first time climbing Pico de loro or Mt. Palay Palay. Its name speak of its uniqueness.

I had a great experience with this climb. Meeting new friends is fantastic. Thank you so much sir Jojo for making this climb memorable (KHIT GINULO NMN IT MO).

Pico is incredibly a majestic and beautiful mountain and the experience for me was magical. We made our way up to the monolith as a group, an experience that I'll never forget. I would choose them again if I wanted to climb Pico again. Since many others have written about Pico already I thought I would just provide some information that might be helpful if you are considering this climb.

1. Weather – Expect sun, heat, rain, and muds. You will probably get some of each on your trip. Make sure you check the weather forecast and have what you need.
2.Water - is a commodity at Pico. Unless you want to end up paying 30 pesos for bottled water or softdrinks, I suggest you bring 3 liters, food is also a good idea.
3.Clothing - ensure you have suitable footwear, as well as appropriate clothes. Be prepare to pack necessary essentials either your up for a day pack or a night pack.
4.Safety - The aim is to anticipate and always avoid potential injury. However, it is best to use common sense and to be safety aware.
5. Enjoy - most importantly, be sure to have a great time on your climb.






















Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...