Linggo, Agosto 31, 2014

jps-travelogue visita la iglesia series 07 : San Agustin Church - Intramuros, Manila


Everybody who likes visita iglesia in Manila makes it a point to visit the San Agustin Church. I think the San Agustin Church and the museum are one of the top most visited sites in Intramuros. A stroll through this amazing structure and a walk to the altar is well worth the time and will give you an amazing feeling.

The altar of the San Agustin Church is pretty impressive, what massive statues of Christ, and other gospel characters from the left to the right is priceless. It was just breathtakingly amazing in every way, and I don't understand how anyone can't be moved by the sheer size and opulence of it. Just to think of the history behind every single detail of the dome, doors, ceiling and the building. It really was awe inspiring.It is a glimpse into our past, a picture of what it must have been like hundred years ago. Even walking down the long hallways sent me a shiver down my spine knowing how many people from different centuries have passed the same way.

There is something exciting and almost holy about San Agustin Church, and it is very invigorating.  I feel the presence of my family and god who is surrounding me, which is super relaxing and very comforting.Can't say it enough, this is a very special place for me, and even though I don't feel worthy of it all - I'm so excited and blessed to be there. My visit concluded by an unexpected sense of optimism and hopefulness that clearly had been missing in me. 

If you are wondering why I don't have any pictures of its interior to be presented. The reason is that church is closed when i revisit San Agustin Church. But, I got one through the net. credits to its owners.





Quick Facts on San Agustin Church

Church Information

Names : San Agustin Church
Founded : 1720
Architectural type : Baroque
Location : Gen. Luna St, Manila, Maynila, Kalakhang Maynila (02) 527 4060
Main attraction : San Agustin Church is a Roman Catholic church under the auspices of The Order of St. Augustine, located inside the historic walled city of Intramuros in Manila and one of the oldest stone church in the Philippines. IT is one of four Philippine churches constructed during the Spanish colonial period to be designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, under the collective title Baroque Churches of the Philippines. It was named a National Historical Landmark by the Philippine government in 1976. 








Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...