Huwebes, Oktubre 16, 2014

Introduction to Rock Scrambling : Lion's Rock


At first glance this may appear to be just another amazing rock formation, but looking at it closely , it offers so much more.

Lion's Rock is a fairly tall rock formation in the province of Bulacan, a multi-peaked rock formation surrounded by a smaller residential community. 

Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing, that is what i have in mind before we start the climb. I have a positive outlook so I'm also expecting a positive result.

The trail started directly up a tall, extremely steep slide of pointed rock, i though it would be close to impossible continuing the climb, but with Kap Omeng leading the trail we find a way to inched and clinged up the rocks. The pointed rocks is useful for the tricky spots, though I have fear of heights, and it's not to any extreme, half way up the climb, i begin to panic, my heart rate goes up and my knees feel weak and shaky, it's really debilitating. But the climb was far from over, and what happened next is the real story. While the details don’t matter, I found myself half hovering, half clinging to the rock face. I was there for several minutes, I'm about to give up. I was not moving and cant even open my eyes. Scary isn't it. Take it or leave it. This is what i have in mind. Then I open my eyes slowly and relax, tried to focus on avoiding the fear. I push myself not let this fear get in my way, i've been up the Rockies of Maculot, Balingkilat and walked on high rope bridges above the ground in ifugao and benguet. This panic never gets better, i know, but the experience is always worth it and rewarding.

Finally I pushed myself back up, testing my knees and the pointed rocks, use positive thinking, then i continued up the climb. One step at a time, a quick stop to relax, and the distance passed easily. Before I knew it there was nothing left to climb. 

When I finally reached the top I wasted little time finding a good seat to rest on and enjoy the views. It is truly miraculous Or something. I told myself it was the most nerve racking experience. The Lions Rock is within my reach now, but i decided not to climb the other side of the rock.

holy shit I love it here.

Lions Rock is, well, there's no word for this. "glorious" comes to my mind. But so does "distressing", "moving" and "sentimentally beautiful." 

Well, I might be able to draw one conclusion, rock scrambling is awesome!













How to get to Lion's Rock:

Getting to Lion's Rock is same with Pinagrealan Cave. Take a bus going to SM fairview. Then, from SM Fairview, hail a jeepney going to Brgy. Bigte. Lastly, hire tricycles that will bring you to Lions rock.

Entrance fee: No entrance fee
Guide Fee: Not needed , but for safety i suggest ask for a guide and just give them a tip. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...