Sabado, Disyembre 20, 2014

Chronicles of Bakun Trio : Day 3 Mt. Kabunian


3:30 AM 
It seemed like I had only slept for 2 hours when i hear the alarm, it was around 3:30 am. I was a bit hesitant to get up. It was still moderately dark, but, I then prepared myself and my gears. Even though it was TOO COLD, i can sense that the weather is perfect — with stars in the sky. Thankfully we were treated to our last breakfast in Bakun. I felt extremely fortunate and grateful for this experience.

After enjoying a delicious breakfast our trek gently started. I was a bit nervous this time because I cant ignore the pain anymore.

The first part is all cemented stairs, with concrete handrail, not as easy as it sounds, the descent was extremely steep, and the fatigue after days of trekking makes it one of the hardest part.

The trail descends steeply downward so I need to walk slowly and under control as my sore legs and aching stomach continuously battling the pain. 

An hour into the trek i felt an extreme pain in my stomach, then my mind started to regret the decision of going up for this third day. I feel my peripheral vision go black as I take my next step, then I chose to stop and take some rest. 

Every now and then I would stop and look around me. But, the golden colors of the dawn and an astonishing sun rising are reflected beautifully on mountain ranges. The scenery was breath-taking, and the views of Bakun range made it all worth it. So i'd still continue.

We crossed a few bridges, then we enter a peaceful forested area for the remainder of the descent, and then started the steep and long ascent to the first waiting shed. My legs were beginning to suffer from the hard uphill trek, the uphill is too steep that made each step forward a challenge.

After crossing the 4th hanging bridge the step is very steep and slippery at times, from this point onwards the terrain becomes more challenging. I could also see the hidden side of the mountain range from this part. 

7 Am 
I reached the first waiting shed and water station. The weather this time was simply fantastic, It was bright sunny day with beautiful clouds in the sky.

After  roughly 15 minutes of break from this station our group started the trek again. This time we are totally left behind, and i was already struggling to keep up with my own pace.  And not to mention the sun was out, the blazing and relentless heat from the scorching sun started at this point, unfortunately there's no trees at this part where you can seek some shade.

While there are steep ascents like in Mt Lobo and Mt Tenglawan, there are periods of a leisurely walk as well. And despite its technical status on some part of the trail, In certain parts, a skimpy trail had been carved into the side of the mountain, one mistake and you will fall to your death, no ropes are required , handrails was installed, but it isn’t a trek to be taken lightly. 

After crossing the ridge, facing the summit, an ascending slope with steep steps were carved into the mountain with handrails on both side for support. From here the views is already amazing, and the reason why i was so eager to climb Mt Kabunian is now visible to my eyes. As soon as i reached the higher part all I could think about was stopping. I couldn’t go on anymore. I sat down and dropped my bag, very exhausted. I told Sir Karl and Sir Donne that I'm done. I'm satisfied, i've seen my purpose. I'm not going to the summit. Seeing the other group approaching he summit, I told them that they can go on and i can just wait for them and rest at this part, but they are not leaving without me. At this moment I am doubting myself very much, and i'm feeling disconnected. I find that I doubt myself the most when I'm comparing what I'm doing with what other people are doing. I know its wrong, but hey one of the reason i wanted to climb bakun is because of this part of the trail in Mt kabunian. I know , better views of the surroundings and breathtaking scenery is waiting at the summit. And, I would have stopped this trek earlier if I'm not completing this trek. Eventually after 30 minutes the discussion ended right then and there, sir karl and sir donne will not summit without me, my decision was made, I'm climbing the last summit. I decided to be brave and continued the assault to the summit. I would never regret my choice.

In no time we started the trek again. My Head is down and focused on the ground as it was too much to look on into the distance ahead. As I got closer, I got more and more tired. But luckily i have Sir Karl and Sir Donne and our lady guide with me who is very helpful so i was very eager to finish the climb this time. After crossing the last hanging bridge, some rocky paths is needed to carefully complete. And before reaching its summit you will pass through the side of the huge rocky side of kabunian which used to be a burial grounds, hence the presence of box coffins can be seen from the trail.

In less than 30 minutes we reached the last water station. I have no idea how I got the courage to continue, but with every step I take, I was chanting to myself “it’s ok, your almost there".

The views couldn’t get any better as we start the final assault, i stopped frequently to take in the beauty and the fresh air of that morning. Finally our last day of trekking is finished. I know its not over , i still have the descend back to poblacion to maneuver.

Reaching the top of the pass was an incredible feeling. That kind of happiness you can hardly describe with words. The beautiful mountain range is calm and serene. The air was crisp, weather, its perfect. My sense of achievement is overflowing. My doubts - it was instantly vanished. I made it. This trek has allowed me to learn more about myself. When I reflect on Mt Kabunian, I immediately remember the feeling of accomplishment.

That being said, trekking Mt Kabunian is worth it. It was one of the most beautiful and picture perfect things I’ve ever seen. 

After taking some pictures the group decided to start going down. We need to catch up with our itinerary. I also need to take some meds that i forgot to bring with me. So I ask Sir Jojo if I can go ahead first.

The downhill return trek was a lot easier than the climb up the summit of kabunian,  i opt for a walk-run technique which seemed to work best for me.  I covered in just 2 hours back what took almost 5 hours to do going up. 

Towards the end of the concrete stairs my legs were completely wrecked and felt like I'm going to collapse. But hey Im almost there.

At exactly 11 am  i finished the grueling stairs, I was so tired, hungry, and thirsty, but I'm very much alive.

We wrapped up our last day in Bakun with a sumptous lunch. Altogether Bakun trio is one of my most incredible trip.










27 komento:

  1. testy do policji multiselect do policji 2022 test wiedzy do policji

    TumugonBurahin
  2. multiselect online test do policji 2022 multiselect pytania

    TumugonBurahin
  3. multiselect test przykładowy test do policji 2022 testy do policji 2022

    TumugonBurahin
  4. polski gabinet psychoterapii w berlinie cennik psychoterapia po polsku berlin psychoterapia po polsku berlin cennik

    TumugonBurahin
  5. projektowanie ogrodów łódź 2022 ogrodnictwo łódź opinie projekt ogrodu łódź

    TumugonBurahin
  6. firma ogrodnicza łódź opinie projekty ogrodów łódź 2022 usługi ogrodnicze łódź

    TumugonBurahin
  7. pastillas para agrandar el miembro masculino en guatemala pastillas para agrandar el miembro masculino en argentina para agrandar el miembro , pastillas para agrandar el pené peru , como agrandar el pene al natural

    TumugonBurahin
  8. comment augmenter la taille de sa verge comment agrandir des chaussures qui ne sont pas en cuir comment grandir du zizi , comment augmenter la taille de son zizi naturellement

    TumugonBurahin
  9. pasos para agrandar el miembro masculino naturalmente gratis como agrandar el miembro masculino naturalmente en español pastillas para agrandar el pené guatemala , como agrandar el pené en 2 semanas , cuanto cuesta una operacion de alargamiento peneano en argentina

    TumugonBurahin
  10. jak powiękrzyć penisa https://new-xxlenlargement24.eu/ naturalne powiekszenie czlonka tabletki na powiekszenie członka

    TumugonBurahin
  11. ranking feromonów powiekszeniepenisa wydluzenie penisa

    TumugonBurahin
  12. ranking tabletek na powiększenie członka tabletki na powiekszanie penisa https://swift-enlargement.info/ najlepsze feromony

    TumugonBurahin
  13. تكبير القضىب طبيعيا كيفية تكبير القضيب كيف تكبر عضوك الذكري اطالة الذكر

    TumugonBurahin
  14. طرق تكبير القضيب https://new-xxlenlargement24.eu/ar/ كيف تكبر القضيب تكبير الزب حبوب تكبير القضيب

    TumugonBurahin
  15. penisstrecker wie kann ich meinen penis vergrößern

    TumugonBurahin
  16. testy multiselect testy na policjanta testy wiedzy do policji

    TumugonBurahin
  17. testy psychologiczne policja 2022 multiselect policja testy psychologiczne do policji

    TumugonBurahin
  18. testy policja 2022 test do policji online test multiselect

    TumugonBurahin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...